Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Just ask yourself !

People so many different people. Riding the light rail to work I was listening to the young people talk. I really had no choice for I had forgotten my headphones. I was writing and I noticed funny how language changes with every generation.
The young people sitting behind me talking. Every word was a a F-bomb such a colorful language. Typical young people bragging about drugs and drinking. Talking about all the worst things one could imagine. Where's the direction the ambition the hope of the world. Our future of this society rests with these young people. Everyone plays a part. Simple minded cattle. This mindset. Good heavens where is this programing coming from. The TV the radio, movies. Bingo money and greed that's where it is coming from.
This is so sad. There whole lives ahead of them and all they can focus on is how much they can drink and party. Fortunately not all the young people have these party favorites on the top of their to to do lists. Thankfully some have genuine goals and ambitions for a better life. It's not how much money you have or who you know yes this does help. But this is not necessary it's your heart. You have to want and fall in love with it to be a success in life. If not it will be like a bad marriage that comes crashing down around you. Oops missed a few support beams. Youth so many challenges we have to face. We have to catch these young people early in their lives. To really make a difference. Sadly it takes a tragedy to induce this kind of change! For the better or worse. No instructions on the box mind you. But hey most of us do know right from wrong. We just or should I say some of us haven't learned to ask the right questions to ourselves like( is this right or wrong) This simple question if asked and fallowed the right way. Saves a lot of and I really mean a lot of grief later on. Is it right or wrong will this benefit me, will it help someone else. Fundamental truths here. It amazes me how lost some people are (And I'm the crazy one)
If you can't point them in the right direction. Then try to remind them that simple question. Is it right or wrong? They know the difference all ready but many young people choose to look the other way. Catch them young and plant this seed and watch them grow. Peace people Jamerson Rising

No comments: