Friday, September 12, 2008

The quiet night

I write in the quiet of the night. Soft new age music soothes my soul I write in the quiet of the night below the ground in a basement adorned with antics of old my surroundings my library my writing desk chess sets on shelves of black iron and wood. I write in the night solitude is my beloved friend yet behold in the middle of the night my grandaughter little Guilianna startled me in the middle of my writing with (what are you doing?) Ha I laughed and what are you doing dear. With cartoons set on the telly and little Guilianna fast asleep on the couch. With soft music to sleep by such a long journey the two stairways in the middle of the night walking down past the sleeping hounds into the dark to the pale light. Guilianna knew in her heart papa was writing as he did all night. To sleep with soft music her grandad watching through the night safe from the darkness and being alone. My grandaughter came to visit now she snuggles with pillow and blanket. Softly sleeping through the night as I write at my desk in this quiet of the night. So peaceful ideas coming brite and dancing in my mind. What a gift from the heavens that I was startled by a little angel this quiet beautiful nite. By Jamerson Rising

No comments: